Thursday 14 March 2013

Cold (again!)

I'm not talking about meteorological cold this time, just the physical one, the one that's brought on by rhinovirus (mass noun, I learn something new every day).

Anyway, I'm fine, except for the cough. Besides, it proves a brilliant excuse to be spending too much time in bed watching Dr Who.

So not much news so far, just that I've made all currently possible preparations for the Heidelberg Conference (which means that I've registered and booked a hostel, all I need to do now is figure out whether I'm flying in or taking a train) and that some other things are going fairly well too - though still waiting for news from Cardiff, which is getting scarier every second BUT I guess the longer it takes the higher my chances of being short-listed. I hope. Fingers crossed and all that.

Anyway, happy Pi Day (I didn't even buy pie today, let alone bake one - came straight back home after Transnational Policing... blah) and I'll go back to watching Dr Who so I can flex my what I guess should be called 'speculative physics'-thinking... I'm not very good at physics (never was), but I still like discussing the possibilities of time travel and alternate dimensions with some of my far more physics-versed and infinitely more intelligent friends... Haven't done it in forever though, I really should again, it's good for my logical thinking.

Oh, and I saw Cardiff on Dr Who the other day. Looks pretty, like a mix between Middelburg and Vlissingen... I like pretty.

Ah, no, that should be 'I found Cardiff looking aesthetically pleasing, and aesthetically pleasing environs stimulate my thinking as well as alleviate any dark moods' - I should be turning in a proper academic, and should be talking proper Academese...

What the hell, Cardiff looked pretty on TV.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment