Friday 29 March 2013

Applications (part #whatever)

It was sunny when I woke up. At 7.

I woke up that early because I'd intended to complete some of the final bits of my PhD application for Leicester and seeing as MyFiles (the thing that allows Leicester students to access their documents on their uni accounts from pretty much everywhere - I LOVE IT) has been offline since about 3pm yesterday afternoon, I figured I'd go to the Library.

That is, until I remembered it's Good Friday, and though our Library rarely closes, I figured I should check.

Anndddd the Library is closed today.

So there I was, frustrated that I couldn't access my uni account, where I store digital copies of my important files, such as my transcripts and degree certificates etc. from home, and frustrated that there's no other way for me to access it either. 

I went back to sleep.

I woke up again at about 11, when it was bright grey outside, and figured I'd try again.

Nothing.

I did my usual round on the Internet - NRC, Volkskrant, Guardian, FML, DearBlankPleaseBlank, 9Gag, and had some facebook chats - and then suddenly I had a bright moment.

Maybe some scans were still stored in my email bin? I hardly ever empty that one anyway...

Lo and behold, I found my TOEFL scan. And, what's also important, I found out I still had .jpg scans of my undergraduate transcript and degree certificate hidden on my computer somewhere. I do prefer .pdf, but if it works it works. 

Those happen to be my key files. Anything else - Leicester transcript (they know my grades anyway, though), passport copy (I'm an EU citizen, don't need visa), etc. - is not thát important and can be sent tomorrow when I finish my formal research proposal (basically, dot my Is), when the Library is open again.

Fingers crossed now. I'm terrified. But happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment