Friday 12 October 2012

Leicester Adventures: Victory

As any student going abroad, I had some issues with DUO, the regulating body for study finance. They weren't really issues as much as they were difficulties, in that I could not receive SMS authentication codes to log in to my account and fill out the forms for my change of address as well as see whether my study finance application had actually been approved (something that caused me not the least amount of worry, if only because I needed that subsidy/loan). Why could I not receive them?

Because my Dutch phone number had been registered without the country code of 0031.

I panicked and took this issue up with DUO and simultaneously posted a cry for help on Facebook. I received a very clever suggestion via fb to contact the DigiD instance, who controls the log in method for government sites (DUO is one). I promptly contacted them and received an email the next day that I was to take this up with DUO.

I then received a series of emails from DUO saying that there were messages waiting for me - on my account. Clever.

I didn't think much of it, until I just now sat up straight when I figured that maybe they sent me those emails because my log in issues had been resolved - without informing me thereof, but still. So I gave it a try, and it works.

No more need to panic. It's all gonna be juuuussstt fine.

Now all I have to do is open up a British bank account and get myself a British phone. But I'm keeping my Dutch phone, too, because I'm not even going to try and jump through the hoops for changing my registered phone number into a British one...

No comments:

Post a Comment