Friday 22 February 2013

Poem: Roosevelt

I think my rant against the RA/UCR name change was the bit I needed to finally really stop missing it. RA/UCR is a marvellous place and I've learned so much there that I wouldn't have learned anywhere else - it was one of the best things to ever have happened to me. But my current home is Leicester, and we'll see where 'home' is next year. 

So instead I wrote a poem.

Roosevelt

Dreams are memories
Where the new mimics the old
And where the old maintains the new
Where the sun shines in the rain
And time just rattles on
Where summers spend
Where Freedoms were made sacred word of Citizens
And the town fears life within the night that never rests
And gowns do not wear gowns but twice per annum
Where destructed bricks
Were once before rebuilt
The town is an isle harbouring an isle
A silent bubble never to be popped

No comments:

Post a Comment